Sunday, November 23

A table for two

Cozy wing back chairs, table built for two, candlelight, fireplace ... yes please ... I'll take it all. 


And at my table built for two, I would make us one of our favorite things. A fruit and cheese plate. Doesn't sound very exotic, I know, but done well, it's all I need.


My favorite place to go for a fruit and cheese plate is The Black Labrador. It looks like a relatively authentic English pub inside, and that's never a bad thing. Stilton cheese, water crackers, thinly sliced tart green apple ... mmmmm ... I can't go and not order it.


PS: Above The Black Lab restaurant is the best place to hear jazz in all of Houston (in my opinion anyway). It's called Cezanne's, and it's about the size of my living room. You are just feet away from the music, and I swear, you can feel it everywhere. 

2 comments:

said...

That place looks familiar. Is it in the Rice Village?

Kelley said...

It's on Montrose between W. Alabama & Richmond. Right by St. Thomas University, and just down from the Menil.