There's a street in our neighborhood, one of the skinniest, with an awkward intersection or two. Progress doesn't seem to have changed it much in the last 100 years or so. That's just one of the reasons why Teetshorn is my favorite street in all of Houston. It's the street where you can still find the old grocery store, tucked away on a quiet corner. I've been obsessed with this building for many years now. Rumor has it, that it's owned by a friend of a friend of ours ... If it ever goes on the market, I will be first in line.
A few houses down from the old grocery store is this cute as a button, bright green bungalow ...
... with a bee hive hair-do'ed cow in front - OF COURSE.
PS : When the husband and I were first married, we lived a street away from Teetshorn. When it was time for us to buy a home of our own, we scoured the street for anything we could afford. In fact, we came this close to buying an itty bitty house right across the street from the grocery store. We knew it was too small - but the idea of living on a street with " teets " in it just made us giggle uncontrollably. We may be near and over 40 years old, but inside we never made it past 12.
4 comments:
I love this post! "Teets" makes me giggle too.
I typed the above then came the "word verification"below:"comegueb"!
I love that little house! I would totally keep the big in the front yard.
When "teets" stops making you giggle, it's a sign that you are losing touch with your inner child. I don't see that happening to you guys no matter how close to, or how far over forty you get. I'm way past that and very much in touch with my inner child and hope that never changes. I would verture a guess that the cow sporting the beehive has been there for a while. If I lived in Houston, that's the type of house I would like to find.
The ones that show age and have some history are the best, aren't they? I admire them too. Too bad they are so hard to find nowadays. I hope you get to enjoy Teetshorn 'as is' for many years to come!
Post a Comment