Sunday, April 5

It seemed like a good idea at the time

So, you know how you can be hanging out at home with your boyfriend, having a little too much wine, and you end up spray painting your own car? Yeah, I totally did that.

In my defense, my 1990 Dodge Daytona was already in bad shape. She was a dull shade of teal green and had problems no mechanic had been able to diagnose. She was already half gone, so when my ex boyfriend and I were just tipsy enough and remembered that we had some flat black spray paint in the garage ... well, we couldn't mess the car up any more than she already was. Right? Wrong.


We each picked a side of the car and painted simultaneously, thereby ensuring (total suckage - uh, I mean) that each side would be different. Different is good right ? Wrong. For some reason I neglected to immortalize the outcome on film, so I have reenacted it above to the best of my abilities.

At that point in my life, I was a waitress. When I went in to work that afternoon, I parked my car, made my way inside, and waited in the kitchen for the staff meeting to begin. Within one minute every male waiter came literally bursting through the swinging doors breathlessly saying things like ... "Oh my God ... no .... Kelley ... someone graffitied your car !!! They painted all over it. The guys are out there trying to catch 'em!!! Aw man, I can't believe it!"

The howls of laughter when I told them that I had in fact spray painted my own car could be heard as far away as Dallas. I have never lived that one down.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are incredibly talented! And you make me giggle ;)

Laura said...

Omigod- you're almost as nutty as me! I love it.