Monday, November 24

What I saw while driving to the grocery store

A young woman with :
  • A tattoo sleeve
  • Maroon hair
  • Tight pink t-shirt
  • Leopard print scarf
  • Riding a Vespa with "Thrasher" spray painted on the side of it
She was SO awesome. I wanted to be her for an hour or two. I love it when the whole tough but girly look works ... and she had it down.

She turned into the parking lot of a tattoo parlor. Work perhaps? I drove on, still thinking about the tough girl in pink. A thought popped into my head. As a little girl, I loved watching reruns of Happy Days on TV. I was fascinated by Fonzy's girlfriend, Pinky Tuscadero. She drove cars in demolition derbies. She was tough. She wore pink leather. I wanted to be her ... and apparently, I still do.

PS : I loved her so much, that my dad called me Pinky Tuscadero instead of Kelley. It made me so happy.

2 comments:

essbesee said...

I always wanted to be Leathuh Tuscadero (Suzie Quattro),but had a special place in my heart for pinky as well. Thanks for stopping by The Claw, Kelley...adding your blog to my "I Dig" list as well.

Kelley said...

Oh my gosh, I used to have a funky looking doll that I named Suzie Quattro ! Haven't thought about that for years.

Your blog is great, I can't wait to explore it more .